Mental HealthSep 02, 2022
Mental health has so many different strings to its bow and we quite often without realising suffer terribly. Some of us are brave enough to shout out about it whilst for others, it can quite easily go unnoticed.
During this uncertain time, Mental Health can overpower us to a point where we do not feel as we are able to function with our daily tasks with our lifestyle, work and even family.
Even the strongest of people can suffer with issues such as stress, anxiety, panic attacks - just remember, it is part of being a human!
We all need a few pointers to help us when we start to see that spiral effect.
How can we notice if we are spiralling?
Do you feel tired constantly?
Drained of energy?
Lack of motivation?
Maybe you feel that you can't focus?
Have you slackened with your personal hygiene?
Mood swings or low interest?
These are some top tips to help you when you start to see this happening:
- Have a good morning routine - this sets you in a better frame of mind for the day.
- Write down 3 things you like about yourself and speak them out loud each morning – I like that I am organised. I like that I am a good parent.
- Try a small amount of exercise – even just a walk around the block, breathing in the fresh air.
- When you are stressed and overwhelmed try to turn the negative thoughts into a positive – think of what is good in your life and focus on that.
- Gratitude overcomes a negative mind, even thinking of the smallest of things we can be grateful for – I am grateful that I have a job. I am grateful that I have good friends.
- Write down your thoughts onto paper or even in a journal – it works helping you to get them out of your head and onto paper.
- Write down a list of your support people, maybe ask them to check in with you so many times per week.
- When you feel anxious, close your eyes and take deep breaths – listen to yourself breathing in and breathing back out, try to focus on your breathing for at least 2 minutes. This calms down the body and lets you take control.
- Ask yourself “what would actually happen in a worst case scenario”
- Tell yourself “its ok, you are ok, and you have got this”
Its good to connect with your support group, don’t feel ashamed to reach out.
Stay connected with news and updates!
Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from our team.
Don't worry, your information will not be shared.
We hate SPAM. We will never sell your information, for any reason.